thoughts while flying

there were two main thoughts during my flight to Rome. yes, Italy (talk about rerouting)

there’s only one place I love more than the ocean and that is above the clouds. I like the idea of being above the weather. and its not like I need to be in space, just right above the clouds is high enough for me. right within the first atmosphere is perfect. but I love to have the sun for a bit more time than usual. I love the endless horizon (hmmm, just like on the ocean) and seeing as far as I can see. and as we flew into Rome I was thinking about Tokyo---a place I have never been. but I wonder if the people who live in those giant skyscrapers get to wake up each morning also above the clouds and therefore feel this rush of life each and every day. I wonder if they are forced to check the weather on TV and see if its actually raining cause they are living so high up.

that was, well one thought.

a more minor thought was that flying on air Italia is like going over to your friend’s house and hanging out in their living room. and I love how they cart down the aisle saying simply "salt or sweet" and you just pick. you have no idea what they will give you other than its flavor. turns out my flight attendant didn’t hear me or didn’t understand the word sweet because he gave me a cheese filled sandwich, which is no good for someone allergic to cheese.

when I get nervous/anxious or when something is bothering me in life, I tend to NEED this pressure on the bottom of my feet right in the middle of the arch. I will actually seek out places to stand or press my feet against so that I can get this satisfying feeling. Stairs are great in these situations cause they have corners and I can stand right on the corner. of course, being barefoot would provide the most amount of satisfaction but even sneakers will do.
sometimes I get this feeling at work and I take my shoes off and turn them so the side of the shoe can press against my arch. sometimes when I have nothing to press my feet to, I use one foot under the other and keep switching so each arch gets the proper amount. im not sure why I do this or NEED to do this but I just do. but then on the plane I found myself in this emergency exit row with enough space before me to play soccer and thus nothing to press my feet against. so I thought about how to start trying to do new things. like patience and letting my feet not touch anything and just wondered what would happen. and well what I realized later was that I forgot about my feet (for a while) and was concentrated more on the mad rush I had to make in Italy to catch my next flight, literally racing across the ENTIRE airport only to find out the gate, of course, changed (again) and the crew hadn't even arrived and it would be nearly 3am before my head would hit my pillow that nite--if at all.

I want to send a special note to one of my most faithful readers who poured out her life to me in the middle of grand central station today. im so proud of you. it showed a lot of courage for you to take control of your life like that and you should really feel great. please know im here for you always and everything is going to be OK.

nite nite

0 comments: