time to read the entire paper

I suppose that the fact that I read the entire Herald Tribune today is nothing to cry about. I didn't read EVERY article. Just the ones that took my mind off my life.

I guess on some level it was kinda funny this morning when I woke up and my three visitors who are all adults, two of them sick as can be, one coughing all nite and likely keeping the other two from sleeping, were all back in my bedroom. They had left me to sleep in the living room all alone. I guess they felt bad for taking over my house and they really had. I didnt even know them.

But then i missed the first train, then it was delayed en route, then 15 million french people all had to get up and down one single staircase thus making me miss the 2nd and most important train to the airport. then i missed, inevitably, the plane to vienna with the ultimate goal of reaching budapest. i had to make the call to my boss to relay this news and my incompetance as an employee. then came the upset and frustration. so after much rerouting and rescheduling I picked up the herald tribune on the way to italy and by the time I reached budapest, I was finished with it.

a coworker said i was in a mess of bad luck. and he was so right. i couldnt even take a cab to the airport originally because no cabs would go to the 14th arrodissment today due to the protesting/strike which I didnt even see when I left. that same coworker would look at me after my long sob story and say "welcome to france".

ok welcome to france. i get it.

brightness:
the room here has a massive bathtub
my friend kenny wrote me the nicest email today
one of the italian flight attendants looked like my dad as a teenager

0 comments: