First Saturday


Pic: strange opera singing clown lady enters store on stilts and cut line at register.

The main thing to know about today is that it’s FREEZING cold both outside and even in this little room. AND I have the little heating unit on. The bathroom is quite warm so I'm thinking of camping out in there a bit but for now I have blankets and layers on.

I forced my body today into my tightest black "skinny" jeans from the Gap. It was quite the force but I made it. lol. So then I went to see my very SECOND apartment. This one TOPPED the first by OCEANS of difference. And the price was perfect. It is on the 5th floor with a "lift" (elevator). It’s got a BALCONY which can be accessed by NOT ONE but three sets of French doors. It’s incredible. The kitchen is big, needs appliances. When you rent an "unfurnished" apartment in Paris, there are no appliances. But honestly, I don’t care. Cooking is not my main thing. So I met the owner and his brother and we chatted in the little French I know. I think I made a decent impression. I just hope they choose me. Christine translated after the appointment that they have a few people but they said to her that I made a good impression. Apparently they stressed that their decision making is more about your character than all the other details.

So the next stop was back to "darty" that insane PC Richards type store which is in a mall where I attempted to buy a phone card for 5 hours and they gave me one for 5 minutes. This time I took my friend to translate and see where I went wrong. Apparently there was mis communication but the fact remained, I was screwed out of 30 euros (not horrible) and I would not be using the phone to make any calls because buying more minutes cost too much. However, the phone can RECIEVE calls from anyone so Christine can call me no problem. So suddenly we heard this opera singing and I turn around and these two people on stilts are in the hall of this mall all dressed up and walking around singing to everyone. Then this one woman enters the store, goes right up to the very busy register and starts singing right in people’s faces and not one person working at the store seemed to care. It was hilarious. She just walked around all over, cut in line and pushed her way through while singing opera and walking on stilts. I had my camera in hand so I was able to snap a pic of this insanity! And of course street performance is not new to me being from NYC but I found it interesting that she could cut the line like that and nobody seemed annoyed that she was interrupting their purchase at the register. haha



Pic: another view of lady

0 comments: