sleep is a disaster

First of all its 7:45 AM. Even nuns must sleep in on Saturdays.

Last night was magical. I took the cousins to my new "local". It mean't all the peanut butter in the midwest to have to them sitting with me, talking to me, drinking with me here in Paris. And I knew having them here would get me out of the hotel. I knew I needed to get out and the plans they have for me this week rolled off their tongues almost all nite...This exhibtion, the view from that tower, the walk down this street, they remembered the corner of a church they once stood in front of. The list was endless, and time means nothing when you live as freely as my cousin. They stood there inspired by me and my move and I couldnt help but wonder why? I was looking dead in the eye two people who have earned medals in living life to the fullest. Its a priveledge to know them. And yet, there they were, looking at me and complimenting me. They said they saw themselves in me. They saw the earlier selves. They are near their mid 50's. Of course one could never tell.

What I liked the most was how my cousin took a bite of my omelette at dinner. I find something terribly endearing about people when they feel comfortable enough with you to share food. It has always been a sign of closeness that I mark highly in a friendship or even a relationship. The french nerve, albiet he was poor, would share from my plate (even when he had his own) and offer me parts of his food that always warmed my heart. My friends (who will marry next year) share food together all the time and its sweet as hell to watch this in person.

Its mad early still. The sun isnt even out.

1 comments:

  1. I've been reading what you write for some time and I JUST wanted to let you know that I would share an omelet with you..really!Don't freak out, what I mean is that by reading you I consider myself a friend even though you are not one...So,thanks FOR being there. BY the way: MERRY Christmas!